Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Wednesdays

Every Wednesday Kevin works at the temple late so I don't usually get to see him. So... I thought I would update our blog.

This past weekend we went down to Overton and had a wonderful time relaxing with Kevin's family. We watched the olympics, Kevin cleaned out his old room and we did a few wedding things. It was a really nice break.

The weekend before we went to a couple yard sales. We found that yard sale shopping is pretty fun, as long as it isn't too hot outside. We saw a lot of good deals, some of which probably weren't that great, but we did end up with a few things for our apartment. As pictured, we got a small set of drawers that will work as a nightstand and a chest of drawers which will most likely be repainted. The picture isn't that great as it was pretty dark outside. The small drawers do stand up by themselves, but the ground wasn't very even so I had to prop it up.

Another exciting purchase from the past week was a mattress. We looked quite a few places and found the best deal at Costco. The mattress is similar to a tempur pedic mattress or memory foam, but at an affordable price. We looked at it a couple times at Costco and each time someone walking by said, "We have that mattress. It is amazing! You will love it!" So, between that, good reviews online and a $100 discount we decided it would be a good investment. Now we just need a platform or box springs and a frame to go with it...

I worked for Janet (which, by the way Jewel Kade now has a blog, click to view) today and when I came home I went down to my room and to my surprise was a beautiful bouquet and a note from Kevin. Needless to say that brightened my day! I love you Kevin!

5 comments:

Parker Lichfield said...

hey cass and kevin! i dig the new blog, looks great. I'm excited for the wedding. B. Y. O. B right?

Anonymous said...

cute post! I hope you keep blogging even after you get married ;) your blog is awesome!

Anna said...

Oh you guys are so mushy! Which is just as it should be.

Devin said...

Hey, a new post! That mattress sounds pretty nice. Its always a good feeling when lots of people think its a good buy. Cant believe you're getting married in less than a month! Good stuff!

A & D Weston said...

Wow Kevin the flowers are impressive. I got the wedding announcement in the mail today. It looks very nice.