Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Happy Birthday Early!

My birthday is on Sunday, but Kevin has been telling me how excited he is for my birthday for quite a while. He's been joking about celebrating my birthday on the 22 but I kept telling him we had to celebrate it on the 15th.


So as it turns out... I came home from my night class on Tuesday and the door was locked even though Kevin was home. So, I knocked and Kevin let me in. He told me I couldn't go into the kitchen or bedroom. I waited for a few minutes and then he walked me into the kitchen with my eyes closed and sat me down. We prayed and then I was allowed to open my eyes. He had prepared homemade Alfredo which we ate on china and had sparkling cider in our wine goblets under a makeshift candlelight (our lamp covered with a cloth). It was wonderful!

I thought that was very sweet and that maybe we were celebrating my birthday, but I wasn't sure. Neither of us had any homework to do so we were deciding what to do. Kevin said he needed to take a shower and I said I probably should to. I told him that I would have to go into our room to get pajamas though. He said that would probably be ok. I walked in our room and the bed was covered with gifts, which I thought he was going to make me wait to open. However, he didn't. So we opened the gifts which consisted of a blue shirt for skiing (from Jim, Nancy and Shannon), a super soft red robe and slippers, pearl earrings, the new Brian Regan DVD, and best of all :) chocolates (Kevin pointed out this was the best gift because it was chocolate AND because I could share it with him:). All of the gifts were very thoughtful and it was a lot of fun to celebrate early. Thanks love!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay! Happy Birthday Cass! I'll see you on your real birthday :)

Anna said...

Aww...Happy Birthday hunny!

Breezy said...

awww way to go kevin!! happy birthday early Cass!! love ya!

Calli said...

thats way cute!! keep that stuff up kevin! happy birthday cass... hopefully we will see you thanksgiving!

Tam said...

Happy birthday. this is a busy birthday month for the tuttle's!

theRach said...

Woo-hoo, happy birthday tomorrow! What a sweet husband you have; looks like you've had a fun week already!

laura said...

happy birthday, cassidy!

Trent & Tara said...

Happy Birthday girl. Man....what a sweet hubby. And you are just starting out with him. ha I love my bathrobe more than anything. I just had my birthday as well. I am 24...how old are you? Glad it was good.