Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Full Moon and a Day Off

Last night was one of Sundance's Full Moon Chair Lift rides so Kevin and I went up for our Family Night activity. It is so beautiful even though it was a little bit cold. I had difficulty not blinking when Kevin was taking my picture. So most of them turned out a little funny looking, but these weren't too bad.





I've had quite a few days off lately so I've been doing some pretty random things, but it has been fun. One thing I have been doing is decorating our apartment. I'm beginning to believe in the fact that you can decorate an apartment on a very tight budget. I've been decorating with things we have. So... the top of our entertainment center was decorated for only $2.50. No Kidding.

The clock and candle were given to us for our wedding. The painting was given to us by Jared. The chair photo on the left was transferred onto something I bought at DI a couple weeks ago for $2. Everything else... the cans and paper and ribbons... were left overs, either from our wedding (ribbons), my scrapbook supplies (paper), dinner (tin cans), or breakfast (the letters).

I'm pretty impressed with how it turned out. I cut the letters out of a cereal box and then painted them brown. I wrapped the tin cans with papers I had and then put ribbons around some of them. I was afraid it would look a little bit cheap, but I think it turned out pretty well.

The paints and crayons were purchased at Wal-Mart for $1.20 and I hope to make some artwork today to hang on our wall. We'll see how that adventure goes.



I have a new addiction lately. Some may have noticed that the link of designers and photographers on the side grows daily. I love looking at new blogs and getting fresh new ideas. It is so refreshing and inspiring to see what other people are doing. I think that is where this creative urge to decorate on a budget has come from. So... if you need something to occupy your time for the next hour :) you should take a look at some of the links.

5 comments:

Anna said...

So crafty, you. It looks lovely!

Breezy said...

Cassidy....it is soo classy and totally beautiful.

I don't believe it that you only did for 2.50$!! But then again I do...because you are SO creative!

Calli said...

cass it looks so cute! You have inspired me.... i keep putting off decorating our place because we have been so tight on mula, but you prove to me that is not an excuse!! it looks great!

Tam said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tam said...

your thrifty decor looks really good, i especially like the transferred pic., very cool. thanks for the pics of you, now if we could just get you and kevin out here so we could see you guys for real...