Saturday, October 30, 2010

It's a Hit!

So I recently posted a picture of some cute Halloween treats I made for a photo shoot on my website blog (click here to see it). The image also got accepted on Foodgawker and Tastespotting (two awesome sites for finding recipes and pretty food pictures). I submit photos to them on a regular basis. Sometimes they get accepted, sometimes not. Normally when they get accepted the number of hits (per day) on my website jumps from 15ish to about 300. Well... the two days after the images were accepted I had 800 and 1400 hits. Crazy!

Ironically, I didn't like the image as much as I thought I would but the cute owl cupcakes were what made it so popular. Those definitely are cute. Well... The second day I got an email from the site where I found the idea for the cupcakes. She said she had had a lot of traffic on her site from mine. She thanked me for posting the cupcakes on my site and asked if I would be interesting in assisting/helping them with their next photo shoot. As you can imagine I was thrilled! She thinks the next shoot will be sometime in December (after their photographer has her baby). So I'm looking forward to that! Yay!

1 comment:

Tam said...

Awesome! Great job, girl!