Tuesday, May 17, 2011

New York Day 5

Today we took a rainy walk through Central Park and then went to the Met. I'm not going to lie... I'm not a big museum person. Don't get me wrong, I love looking at art. But I can only handle so much. The Met had a really cool exhibit on Stieglitz, Strand and Steichen that I spent quite a bit of time in. We also walked through some of the near eastern art exhibits on our way to the American Landscapes. It was really incredible to see so much art in so many varieties.



After the Met, Annette and I headed up to the Guggenhiem, which it turns out is closed on Thursdays. We did take some pictures. The building is really amazing. I love the simplicity of it.



Next on our list was a visit to the Cloisters. These were way up north but well worth the visit. I wasn't super excited to go, but I was very pleasantly surprised. It was quite different than anything else we had seen (which was mostly modern art) so it was rather refreshing. I loved all the different columns with their various shapes and colors. I don't remember seeing so many different colors of marble pillars before. There were also a lot of flowers near the windows and in the atrium in the center of one of the rooms. It really was a pretty sight.









We took the subway back to the heart of Manhattan and had dinner at Dean and Deluca, then waited in line to see if we could get Wicked tickets... which we didn't. We were pretty tired though and decided to shop for a little while, got some cheesecake at Juniors, then went back to the hotel and went to bed!

No comments: