Wednesday, September 24, 2008

The Wedding

So I know you have all been anxiously awaiting more details and photos from the wedding, so here are the details and photos will be coming as soon as we get them.

Our temple ceremony was at 10:00 at the Mount Timpanogos Temple. Kevin and I were able to sit in the Celestial Room for a while as we waited for family and friends to arrive. It was so beautiful and a great experience to be there together. Robert J. Matthews was our sealer (he is in my parent's ward and gave me my patriarchal blessing). He spoke for a little bit about the ceremony and then sealed us. It was an amazing experience and the spirit was very strong. After we were sealed he gave us some advice, which was to turn to our parents when we, as a couple, were making big decisions and need advice. After he was finished, everyone in the room came and congratulated us which was the first time I met some of Kevin's siblings.

After we changed we walked out the doors of the temple and were greeted very enthusiastically by friends and family. We talked for a little bit and then proceeded to take a lot of pictures, and then some more, and then some more. It was fun, but our cheeks were hurting by the end.

We left the temple after taking pictures and went to the Bungalow for the luncheon. Kevin's dad told a story about when he, Kevin, and I went shooting, and then everyone introduced themselves. Kevin and I then rang the large bell in celebration of the wedding and then ate a delicious lunch. After eating we visited with everyone and then went back to my house to rest for a very short time before going back to the Bungalow for more pictures.

The Bungalow was beautifully decorated in blue, green, orange and brown. We took a lot of pictures of the two of us and family. Around 6:00 people started arriving so we stood in line and greeted everyone who came. We were amazed at the number of people who came and their generous gifts. It was fun to see so many friends.

We spent about an hour and a half in line and then proceeded to cut the cake. It was pretty much the best chocolate cake I have ever eaten. Too bad we only got two bites of it. After the cake cutting I threw the bouquet, which my cousin McCall caught. Hopefully it's quite a few years before she gets married:).

After cutting the cake and such, we talked to people for a little while and then changed and walked out to the car. We got to walk through a huge line of cheering people to the lovely car that was covered with tule and frosting and filled with goodies and treats from our families. While it was a fun day, we were glad to leave and just be together for the next 4 days.

We spent the first night at Sundance (thanks to my uncle Chad). We slept in for a while and then drove up to Park City. We stayed in Park City until Wednesday. Our hotel was pretty cool. It was basically a miniature apartment but the coolest thing is it had a hot tub in the room. While we were in Park City we walked around main street, ate some delicious meals, shopped at the outlets, rode the Alpine Slide, watched a couple movies, ate ice cream... It was wonderful. We had a really good time and it was nice not worrying about school and work and such.

We didn't bring a camera with us to Park City (mine was in use when we left the reception so we figured we would just go without one), so I won't have any pictures to post of that, but I will post pictures from the wedding as soon as I have those which should be within the week.

5 comments:

Cali Haynie Rutter said...

Cassidy it sounds like the wedding turned out so great! I'm sad I wasn't able to make it! I can't wait to see pictures! I hope you are doing well!

Cali

Tam said...

thanks for the recap, it sounds like it was lovely.

Anna said...

Sounds perfect!

heidi said...

It was beautiful. I'm glad it was perfect for you...that is how your wedding should be

Devin said...

hey cass. any updates on when you are going to get photos? be sure to send some my way, especially any that I look particularly good in! :) ha ha!