Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Application Complete (sort of)

Well, I have finally finished my portfolio for my BYU application. I was planning on turning it in today. However, as I was finishing the matting of one piece, it got a wet spot on it which proved to be a minor disaster. I'll have to reprint it tomorrow; but it isn't a big deal. It feels good to have that done. Now I just get to wait again. I should hear back around the first week of April. Here are the images I submitted along with one of my lanterns:



















Last week I met with each of the Professors who will be reviewing the portfolios and deciding who gets in. It was very interesting and I learned a lot. It made me feel a lot better about what I submitted last year. It wasn't that my photos were bad, they just weren't very different from what everyone else had submitted. BYU is looking for originality and creativity. When I met with the professors I had 15 images (I am only submitting 10) and based on what each of them said and liked or disliked I narrowed down my images and found a few more.

This portfolio is definitely stronger than last time's but I'm not sure if it will quite do the job. However, this time if I don't get accepted I know why. I feel like I've put a lot of effort into putting this all together so it would be really nice if I get accepted, but at the same time I know it is some of my best work and if I don't get accepted it's just because I'm not what BYU is looking for, not because I'm not a good photographer. Wow, that was quite the run on sentence... Anyway, I'll be sure to update you on what happens!

3 comments:

Anna said...

Good luck Cass! The photos are amazing!

Cali Haynie Rutter said...

Cassidy! Your Pictures are fantastic!! I really hope you get in! Way to have a Positive attitude! You are so great! Good luck!

Lindsey said...

I like the colors in your pictures. The first one is my favorite. And happy 6 month anniversary!